Welcome to my site. I am a qualified counsellor, registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I specialise in working with adults and young people during times of difficulty, to help you achieve a happier, more fulfilling life.
These are unprecedented times we find ourselves in and understandably anxiety levels are higher than normal, for many reasons. Whilst I am unable to offer face-to-face counselling sessions currently, I am available for online and telephone counselling. Please contact me for further information.
As an integrative counsellor, I draw on different models to suit your individual needs, with my main theoretical approach being person-centered. This means I will walk alongside you on your journey, offering a confidential, trusting space, for you to flourish into the person you want to be.
I would like to help you find the best way to understand your personal experiences, develop self-awareness, and make the changes you are looking for, without judgement.
There are many reasons to seek counselling, which I will help you to identify and work through, including:
Managing difficult feelings such as stress and anxiety, depression, low self, esteem/ confidence issues, self-harm, suicidal thoughts, bereavement, identity issues, abuse, difficult childhood experience, relationship issues, trauma, work-related issues.
What to expect:
Our first session will be a 50 minute initial assessment. This is your opportunity to let me know what you would like to achieve from counselling, as well as deciding if I am the right counsellor for you. There is no obligation to continue after this session, if you choose not to.
If you would like to continue, I offer short and long term counselling, which we will discuss during the assessment, and also review throughout our time together. The sessions will be 50 minutes, taking place at the same time each week.
Initial assessment: £45.00
Subsequent 50 minute sessions: Daytime: £60.00 After 5pm & weekends: £65.00
I offer a limited number of daytime concession places for students. Please contact me for more information.
Training and Experience:
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Online CPD Training – Relational Depth in Counselling and Psychotherapy. May 2020
- Addressing Suicidality and Suicide Risk Online. May 2020
- Two day training in Working Online with Children and Young People. May 2020
- BTEC Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling at RACC.
- Certificate levels 2 & 3 in Therapeutic Counselling Skills and Theory at RACC.
- Counsellor at Off The Record – a counselling service for young people aged 11-24 for up to 12 sessions, since Jan 2017.
- Volunteer Counsellor at Kingston Womens Centre – long term counselling for women for up to two years. From 2016-2018.
- Certificates in Safeguarding children, Child Sexual Exploitation and Gangs and Youth Violence.
- Qualified to practise the Rewind Technique (IARTT).
- I am committed to improving my service by attending regular Continuing Professional Development courses and workshops (CPD).
- I attend regular supervision.
- I have over 1,600 client hours experience.